A man stealing men’s Nivea products from Wilko and a racially-aggravated offence are among the crimes that have been committed in one of Cardiff’s most well-known streets so far this year.
Ten people have been prosecuted at Cardiff Magistrates’ Court within the last six months after committing crimes in St Mary Street since the beginning of the year.
Situated in the city centre St Mary Street is home to some of the city’s most popular pubs and bars as well as several shops and fast food restaurants.
Read more: The people hauled to court for begging in Wales and their circumstances
The offences range from those fined for behaving in a drunk and disorderly manner to people stealing bicycles.
These are the crimes that have occurred in the city centre street so far this year:
- One Cardiff man stole Nivea men’s products from the Wilko store in St Mary Street on June 6. The 43-year-old was fined £80 as a result.
- A 32-year-old woman from Cardiff was fined £80 for dishonestly receiving stolen goods in relation to a bicycle belonging to Nextbike which was valued at £1,000. The incident took place between May 25 and May 30.
- A 36-year-old man of no fixed abode was jailed for 26 weeks after stealing a bicycle on March 13.
- A 28-year-old man from Barry was fined £40 after pleading guilty to being drunk and disorderly in St Mary Street on May 29.
- A Cardiff man, aged 23, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly in St Mary Street on June 7. He was discharged conditionally for six months.
- A 26-year-old man from Cardiff was jailed for six weeks following a racially-aggravated offence in St Mary Street on June 4.
- A 30-year-old man from Cardiff pleaded guilty to acting in drunk and disorderly fashion in St Mary Street on June 12. He was discharged conditionally for six months.
- A Risca man, aged 67, received a £50 fine after behaving in a drunk and disorderly manner on June 5.
Check out crime stats where you live:
- One Cardiff man of no fixed abode pleaded guilty to behaving in a drunk and disorderly manner on June 29. The 50-year-old was fined £40.
- A man from Brecon, aged 26, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly on May 1. He was discharged conditionally for 12 months as a result.
To get the latest email updates from WalesOnline click here.