The family of a schoolboy who created and ran a far-right group for fellow young racists has moved to the Swansea area, a court has heard.
The teenager shared videos of Adolf Hitler, 1930s British fascist leader Oswald Mosley, and the gunman who murdered 51 Muslims during a mass killing in New Zealand with like-minded extremists.
He also discussed how to acquire and modify guns and bombs, said he would get weapons and “blast” black and Asian people before urinating on their corpses, and sent a photograph of a male in a gas mask with the message “I be hunting Jews”.
READ MORE:Neo-Nazi student jailed for seven years
His advocate told the court his client did not properly appreciate what he was doing and had spent a “concerning” amount of time online during the first Covid lockdown which had led him “down a dark and twisted rabbit hole”.
Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard the youngster, whose identity is protected by law, launched a group called the British Hand and set about recruiting other teens to the cause.
Derbyshire Live reported that Alistair Richardson, prosecuting, said the defendant began downloading and sharing shocking racist videos and images and discussed in private chat with other members plans to bomb towns and cities in the UK with high Asian populations. The teenager also talked about attacking migrants in Dover and explained how to download the terror guide The Anarchists Handbook Version 2000.
The prosecutor said: “[The defendant] sent a message saying: ‘We are going to be bigger than the IRA, we all hate Muslims, we want and need to get our nation back by any means needed’.
“He then sent an image of an individual in a gas mask, seemingly himself, with a message that said: ‘I be hunting Jews’.”
The youth had previously pleaded guilty to four terrorism charges including one charge of dissemination of a terrorist publication under section two of the Terrorist Act 2006 and one offence of collecting information of a kind likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism under section 58 of the Terrorism Act 2000 when he appeared in the dock for sentencing.
The court heard the teenage has a previous police caution for a bomb hoax at a mosque and had also telephoned an Islamic centre in west London asking what time Friday prayers were before saying: “I am going to park my bacon wagon outside. You should not be in this country you terrorists.”
Check what crimes have been reported in your area:
Mark Luckett, representing the defendant, said his client had plans to go to university and become a vet or study IT. He said the teenager had spent a “concerning” amount of time online during the first Covid lockdown and this had led him “down a dark and twisted rabbit hole”.
The advocate said: “His desire to integrate into a social group appears to be the driving force into committing these offences. He is a child who lacks maturity, is apolitical, and did not properly understand what he was doing.
“He was primarily focused on video games involving combat and war and he appears to have failed to differentiate between rhetorical propositions of violence commonly encountered in video game chat forums with more harmful suggestions in the group.
“The offences also occurred during the first national lockdown when staying at home was the advice given to us… [He] appears to have spent a concerning amount of time online during this period which unfortunately led him down a dark and twisted rabbit hole.
“He is fixated on being part of a group and is fixated with being called a ‘commander’.”
A previous court hearing was told that following the teenager’s arrest his family moved to the Swansea area.
A second member of the British Hand, aged 16 and from Bromley in Kent, had also previously pleaded guilty to similar but less serious terrorism offences.
Chief magistrate Paul Golding adjourned the sentencing hearing until later in August.
To get the latest news from WalesOnline sent straight to your email inbox click here.